The CMO creates and managing a strategy to achieve sustainable, profitable growth. They have an enterprise-wide mindset and actively work to grow revenue across all business activities. The role is broad, including:
- Be both architect and steward of the brand, developing Pluang as a purpose-driven brand, and activating the asset such that its purpose permeates all touchpoints.
- Build the brand, develop the positioning against competitor landscape and achieve the desired brand differentiation
- Maintain regular interaction with the Board and Leadership Team (LT), both to align marketing strategy with the Board’s direction but to also build the Board’s and LT’s marketing capability and understanding of ‘the possible’.
- Own and effectively execute long-term marketing plans and short-term tactical activities to achieve business outcomes in client acquisition and client retention/engagement.
- Support the Product team in communicating the value propositions to clients, including content ideation, marketing collaterals and toolkits.
- Create and execute the company’s Performance Marketing strategy, including email marketing, search marketing (SEO and PPC), conversion rate optimization, content marketing, programmatic marketing, etc
- Act as the voice of the customer and guide the company in organizing around the customer’s needs. This includes conducting client research and applying insights to other initiatives.
- Internally, support Pluang through partnering with fellow LT members on their marketing needs, eg helping HR create a compelling pitchbook/value proposition for hiring.
- Attract, manage and mentor an effective marketing team that can collectively balance a data-driven mindset with creative spark.
- Ensure marketing team is able to effectively participate in cross-functional squads with growth, product and data teams, and implement ‘agile’ best practices
- Manage output and performance of teams related to:
- Product Marketing teams
- Paid Marketing (Demand marketing + Offline)
- Organic (Appstore, Website,Blog); Social Media and Community (PR, KOLs, Telegram + IG chatter)
- Financial Content team
- Creative and Brand teams
- Strong experience and proven track record of brand building, growing and shaping marketing strategy, preferably within a fintech B2C environment.
- Gained 10+ years of experience marketing with a focus on demand generation, preferably including B2C start-up companies.
- For at least three years, successfully led and managed a marketing team as CMO, Head of Marketing responsible for multiple geographies/regions, ideally including Indonesia.
- Experience in investing and investment products will be an added advantage.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker able to successfully partner with various company functions to achieve company goals and align with customer needs.
- Able to define and manage Marketing KPI’s around design, delivery and ROI/sales.
- Demonstrated ability to launch complex products.
- Proficient and experienced in dealing with partners to drive SEM, SEO, Content and Direct Marketing, Partnerships, Display etc.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and presentation skills in English, ideally fluent in Bahasa as well.