We believe that everyone – across income and educational background – should have access to products that can help them save and invest towards a better future.
The HR team currently comprises 5 colleagues but we are growing this to 10 over the coming months. While operating a full service HR model, there is an immediate focus on supporting rapid expansion of the business – Pluang currently has ~100 people and we’re looking to more than double this by the end of 2021.
Pluang is growing rapidly and requires a Head of HR to manage the HR team to deliver on all aspects of Human Resources through this period of hyper growth:
Organisation design and strategic workforce planning
- Advise the Leadership Team (LT) on the appropriate size (headcount) and shape (function, seniority, location) of the company over the medium to long term (‘Target Operating Model’).
- Predict future workforce needs based on the company’s long-term strategic plan and create a “buy, build, borrow” strategic people plan to meet these requirements.
Hiring and onboarding
- Agree the requirements of each new role through a business needs discussion with the hiring leader, preferably documented in a JD.
- Source and agree candidate shortlists with hiring managers.
- Guide managers on the appropriate assessment and selection process and decision for each hire.
- Onboard successful candidates, ensuring they have a seamless experience and are ready to make an impact from Day 1.
Performance management, employee relations and off-boarding
- Advise leaders on how to ensure expectations with their teams are clear and that 360 feedback is a continuous process throughout the year.
- Act as an ‘honest broker’ in assessing disagreements between colleagues and leaders, ensuring fair accountability is always observed.
- Off board colleagues in a manner in an efficient yet sensitive manner, and gain insights from them as they leave.
- Promote a culture of psychological safety consistent with the Company’s values.
- Create and implement, with the LT, a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy.
- Foster, with the LT, a good conduct culture inline with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
- Implement a regular engagement survey to assess alignment with the company’s values, and take the lead on action planning.
- Create learning infrastructure across the company that colleagues can draw on to meet their development objectives. This would include online, face-to-face, ‘on the job’ formats and experiences.
- Assess colleagues’ potential to fill LT roles, consistent with the Target Operating Model, and advise leaders on how they may create career plans to maximize their readiness for such positions.
- Assess the risk posed by gaps in succession and advise the LT accordingly.
Reward and benefits
- Create a pay strategy and structure that balances the ability to attract the best talent with affordability.
- Run the company’s annual reward and incentives review process.
- Guide hiring leaders on pay offers and market benchmarks.
- Ensure benefits meet colleagues core needs, are aligned to market, and are administered to the highest standards.
- Ensure that pay exceeds local living wage levels, meets agreed gender equality and gender pay gap objectives.
HR systems, data and analytics
- Implement HR MIS infrastructure that enables self-service with intuitive UX, and delivers fast, accurate and insightful data.
- Partnering with Finance, ensure colleagues are paid accurately and on time.
- Working with Finance and Compliance, ensure all ‘people’-related reporting to, tax authorities, and labor ministries, is provided on a timely and accurate basis.
- Demonstrated skills that support the subject matter areas above
- A working experience and understanding of employment law and practices in Indonesia, Singapore and India
- Strategic thinking combined with being comfortable getting ‘hands on’, particularly in terms of Talent Acquisition
- Resilience – HR often deals with emotionally sensitive topics
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment preferred, familiar with Agile principles, OKRs etc